Last year was a very active year for the keelboat sailors and the club would like to build on that success by trying to increase participation of the membership in keelboat cruising and racing.
There is an extensive calendar for club races and this year we are adding eleven fun races on Wednesday afternoons through the season together with seven Sunday cruising events. This means that we will have many opportunities for new and experienced crews to join in the keelboat sailing.
If you are interested please register your interest as a keelboat crew using this event. We will use this register to let you know of opportunities to crew as they occur through the season.
Powerboat Challenge Cup
All four RIBs will be used. Details to follow...
The key aim of Social Sunday sessions is to have fun on the water and socialise with fellow members!
f you are interested in keelboat sailing and would like to crew please register.
1) All sailors will need a life jacket. Please advise if don't have access to one.
2) Warm clothing and waterproofs are needed.
3) You will need to be at the club house for where you will meet your skipper and there will be a briefing by the OOD.
Important Information for Participants
1) All members should ensure they have appropriate equipment for the weather and conditions, to include personal buoyancy. Please also remember that it can get cold on the water, at any time of year.
2) Under 18's require a parental consent form which must be completed prior to dinghy hire.
3) Registration is required for boat hire.
4) Please note that payment for boat hire is now taken online only.
5) When booking a club boat, payment must be received online within 15 minutes of registration, otherwise the booking will be cancelled.
The key aim of Social Sunday sessions is to have fun on the water and socialise with fellow members! It is a great opportunity to get out and practice the skills you have learnt in a safe, friendly, structured and controlled environment. There will be a morning session and an afternoon session with a break for lunch. As Social Sunday is run by a team of volunteers, it would be greatly appreciated if you could volunteer for one of the sessions.
1) For this activity participants need to have a PB2 certificate or equivalent.
2) Please arrive by 10:00 when there will be briefing by the OOD who will advise the activities planned for the day.
3) All members should ensure they have appropriate equipment for the weather and conditions, to include personal buoyancy. Please also remember that it can get cold on the water, at any time of year.
4) Under 18's require a U18 Parental Consent Form (2020 Season) form which must be completed.
5) Registration is required.
East Lothian Yacht Club | 36-40 Victoria Road | The Harbour | North Berwick | East Lothian | EH39 4JL