The RYA one-day course covers all the usual first aid subjects, but from a boating perspective. It is aimed at anyone who goes afloat, whether on inland waters, rivers, estuaries or on cross channel passages.
In a medical emergency a little first aid knowledge and immediate action can save lives, especially in remote locations. This one-day course is designed to provide a working knowledge of first aid for people using small craft and to support skippers.
The subjects specific to boating include:
- the recovery position in a confined space
- CPR, including the drowning protocol
- cold shock and hypothermia fromimmersion and/or exposure
- seasickness and dehydration
- medical assistance or advice by VHF
- helicopter rescue
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any further details
The course cost includes the RYA First Aid book that will come with your certificate.